Volunteer and Discover Nepal – 3 Weeks
|Duration:||21 Days||Max-Altitude:||1350 m|
|Primary Activity:||Touring, Sightseeing & Volunteering||Meals:||All meals included|
|Group Size:||1 - 12 People||Accomodation:||Homestay & Hotels|
|Difficulty:||Easy||Transportation:||Private Vehicle/Tourist Jeep|
Discover Nepal and support local projects by volunteering with our partners Volunteer Society Nepal.
Join us for a three week Volunteer and Travel Experience, or longer if you like! Our program gives you an opportunity to volunteer in one of our projects and explore three different regions of the country.
We're happy to customise your volunteer and discovery trip, just let us know what interests you!
This program is designed for people seeking a unique experience that combines volunteering, cultural immersion and sightseeing in Kathmandu, Chitwan National Park and Pokhara, the gateway to Annapurna.
Sign up to volunteer at one of the following opportunities:
- Teaching English, Sports, or IT at a Monastery
- Teaching English, Sports, or IT in a local school
- Being a homework guide/activity organizer at our child care centre
- Helping children with intellectual disabilities at our care centre
- Working with at our women’s centre, teaching English or giving empowerment workshops
- Taking part in small construction projects
- Working at an elderly people’s care home
Your travel itinerary includes visits to all of the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites in the Kathmandu Valley, Patan, and Bhaktapur. It then takes you south to Chitwan to explore a National Wildlife Jungle Park famed for its unique wildlife such as rhinos, elephants and Bengal tigers! From there the journey heads north to the fantastic lakeside city of Pokhara.
Want to stay longer? Get in touch with us for a customized travel and volunteering itinerary just for you!
- Days 1 to 5: Orientation, learn Nepali language basics, sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Days 6 to 13: Volunteer with VSN
- Day 14: Prepare for touring
- Days 15 to 19: Visit Chitwan, Pokhara & return Kathmandu
- Day 20: Free day in Thamel in Kathmandu
- Day 21: Depart Kathmandu