Last updated: 26-02-2020
If you have an issue with your booking, need to alter or cancel it, please use the Booking Assistance form for urgent assistance.
Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking with us. We strongly recommend that you also read the detailed information relating to your preferred tour prior to booking to ensure that you understand the itinerary, style and physical demands of the tour you are booking.
1. Our Contract
All bookings are made with Real Travel Nepal (Us/We), trading as Eco Freelance Solutions. We are commercial partners with the Volunteer Society of Nepal and the Tourism Society of Nepal and act as booking agents and representatives of both societies. In Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet it is the Societies that provide all material tour services.
By booking a tour with us You are agreeing to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between You and Us) and your booking will be accepted by Us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice. Should these differ from those You enquired about You are required to inform us immediately so we may correct your booking.
Dates, prices and itineraries are valid until 31 December 2020. Beyond 31 December 2020 dates, prices and itineraries are indicative only.
3. Deposit Requirement
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total price per person per tour for your booking to be confirmed. If your booking is made within 56 days of the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
Please note that different deposit amounts may be applied to tours in Bhutan and Tibet and that prices may for these destinations may be subject to change without notice due to circumstances at those destinations.
4. Acceptance of Booking and Final Payments
We will issue confirmation invoices for all accepted bookings. A contract will exist between us from the issue date of the invoice or if you book within 30 days of departure, the contract will exist when we accept your payment.
Your booking confirmation invoice details your final payments requirements. Payment of the balance of the tour price is due 56 days before the departure date, or if booking less than 56 days before departure, full payment is due at the time of booking. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
5. Your Details
In order for us to confirm your booking and travel arrangements you must provide all requested information with the balance of your tour price. Due to the nature of adventure travel, trekking, mountaineering, peak climbing and expeditions, there are inherent risks to personal safety. As such you, and all members of your party if booking for a group, will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Risk, Waiver and Release form furnished to you when we accept your booking deposit.
6. Cancellation by the Traveller
If you cancel part or all of your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation is only effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation from the person making the booking. If you cancel a tour:
- 56 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the entire deposit;
- between 31 and 55 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 50% of the total payments made to date; whichever is greater, and
- 30 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% of all monies paid by you in connection with the booking.
- Note that there are no refunds for cancellations to bookings for Bhutan and Tibet made within 56 days prior to departure.
If you leave a tour for any reason after it’s commencement, we are not obliged to make refunds for any unused services. If you fail to arrive at the agreed departure point for your tour on time, join it after departure or leave the tour prior to it’s completion, no refund will be offered. The above cancellation terms do not include cancellation fees that may be levied by accommodation providers, or third party tour and transport operator fees.
7. Cancellation By Us
Our tours are guaranteed to depart once they are fully paid, even if the tour group consists of one person, unless a minimum group size is specifically stated for that tour. We may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, amounts paid can be transferred to an alternate departure date or be fully refunded.
In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
8. Refund Guarantee
If your tour is not to your satisfaction, our tour operators in Nepal will refund your 30% Booking Deposit under the following conditions:
- Any aspect of your tour that does not meet your satisfaction is brought to the attention of your tour leader/guide immediately so that any issue may be rectified in reasonable time in accordance with all other Booking Conditions and Terms of Service herein;
- You discuss and/or negotiate in good faith with your tour leader/guide on any matter that requires attention in order to meet reasonable consideration and your satisfaction in delivery of the booked services and experiences;
- You approach any and all discussions, negotiations and circumstances with flexibility, acknowledging and understanding that many circumstances are beyond our control and may include acts of terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events that it is not reasonable to expect us to foresee or forestall.
- Refunds will only be paid under this condition for issues of dissatisfaction raised and discussed initially with the tour leader/guide during the relevant tour, and at the conclusion of the tour with our tour operator managers, and for which it was acknowledged by all parties, You and the tour leader/guide and tour operators, that no acceptable solution was offered for matters or circumstances for which You expressed dissatisfaction.
- Refunds will not be paid for incidents of dissatisfaction on any tour where no issue was raised by you, or any member of your party if booking as a group, with either your tour leader/guide or our tour operators in Nepal, Volunteer Society Nepal and Tourism Society Nepal, prior to your departure from Nepal.
- If, in the event of a refund being required, monies will only be refunded to you in Nepal by Volunteer Society and Tourism Society Nepal prior to your departure, in the currency in which you paid your deposit.
- Real Travel Nepal is not liable to pay any refund in the instance of your dissatisfaction with the material tour service as booked through us, and delivered by Volunteer Society Nepal and Tourism Society Nepal, or any subsequent changes to your itinerary made by either you, or the tour operator in the case of unforeseeable circumstances, or any optional experiences you arrange with the tour operators, or with any other tour or experience service providers while in Nepal.
9. Booking Amendments
If you wish to transfer from one tour to another or transfer your booking to a third party you must notify us at least 56 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of €100 per person per change will apply (in addition to any charges levied by hotels or ground operators). If you notify us less than 56 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply.
Transfers to a third party are only permitted where the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the tour, and transfers to another departure can only be made to a departure within the current validity period. Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your tour will incur a €75 administration fee per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels or ground operators. No amendments are permitted to your booking within 10 days of departure.
The land price of your tour includes:
- all accommodation as listed in the detailed itinerary
- all transport listed in the detailed itinerary
- sightseeing and meals as listed in the detailed itinerary
- the services of a group leader as described in the detailed itinerary
The land price of your tour does not include:
- international or domestic flights unless specified
- airport transfers, taxes and excess baggage charges unless specified
- meals other than those specified on the website
- Visa and passport fees
- travel insurance
- optional activities and all personal expenses
12. Age and Health Requirements
All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveller under the age of 18’s day to day care. If a legal guardian elects to designate an escort in their lieu, they will be required to complete and sign a relevant document, to delegate their authority.
Maximum Age: For the majority of our tours we have no upper age limit though we remind you that our tours can be physically demanding and participants must ensure that they are suitably fit to allow full participation. We are able to provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, we are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice at least two months prior to travel for the latest health requirements and recommendations for your destination.
13. Passport and Visas
You must carry a valid passport and must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of your stay in Nepal, Tibet or Bhutan. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
14. Travel Insurance
We strongly recommend you take Travel Insurance that covers against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of EUR200,000 for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. In addition it is strongly advised to take cover for high altitude and helicopter evacuation.
Please ensure you have your travel insurance policy number and the insurance company’s 24 hour emergency contact number with you at all times. If you have travel insurance connected to your credit card or bank account please ensure you have details of the participating insurer, the insurance policy number and emergency contact number with you rather than the bank’s name and credit card details.
You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each tour is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
16. Change of Itinerary
While we endeavour to operate all tours exactly as described, we reserve the right to change the tour itinerary.
Before departure: If we make a major change we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary. When a major change is made you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid on the tour, or accepting an alternative tour offered.
After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. In such emergency circumstances the additional cost of any necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by you. Please note we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itinerary such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
17. Authority on Tour
Our group tours are run by a group leader/guide. The decision of the group leader/guide is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any traveller or staff member participating in the tour. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader/guide, or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the group leader/guide may direct you to leave the tour immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future tours booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of the countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
18. Acceptance of Risk
You acknowledge and understand that participation in the tour may involve risk of bodily injury or harm (including death) to you or any member of your party, or may involve risk of harm to your property. You acknowledge that you fully understand and appreciate the risk inherent in the tour, and you expressly and without limitation agree that any and all risks and/or damage or destruction to property is fully and completely assumed by you.
With a full understanding of the risks involved in the tour, you hereby expressly and completely releases Real Travel Nepal, Volunteer Society Nepal and Travel Society Nepal their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives, it’s payment transaction agent, agents or representatives from and against all liability, claims, lawsuits, damages or losses of any kind, known and unknown, which may be connected with, resulting from, or arising out of the planning, arranging or implementation of or participation in the tour by you, regardless of whether such liability claims, lawsuits, damages or losses are caused by the active or passive negligence of Real Travel Nepal or it’s partners. This release by you shall include all claims, lawsuits, damages or losses of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to, all claims for bodily injury, personal injury, economic loss and property damage.
You acknowledge that the nature of the tour is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. We use information from government foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However, it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
19. Limitation of Liability
- Our obligations, and those of our tour operators, Volunteer Society of Nepal and Travel Society of Nepal, in providing any service or facility included in your tour, are to take reasonable skill and care to arrange for the provision of such services and facilities. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause 3 below.
- In other circumstances we are responsible to you for the proper performance of this contract. This acceptance of liability is subject to;
- We shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is:
- attributable to you
- attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or unavoidable
- due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised
- due to political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure
- due to an event which the Company, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
20. Optional Activities
Optional activities not included in the tour price do not form part of the tour or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your group leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and activity provider.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
22. Photos and Marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes. Where you or any of your party are identifiable in any such media we will seek your written authorisation to use it.